If you are seeking for a healthy eating plan, there are various diet plans with many healthy and beneficial nutrients that you can follow. Out of all, the Mediterranean diet is one of the best options you can go for. It is loaded with the basics of healthy eating with traditional flavors and Mediterranean cooking methods. This healthy eating plan is not only recommended by dietary guidelines but also promotes health and prevents you from various chronic diseases.
This cuisine consists of various dishes that are generally plant-based. They also contain several health beneficial vitamins and minerals. If you want to know more about it, here is a small guide to tell you all its benefits.
Facts Of The Mediterranean Diet
- The diet contains various food items from different countries and regions that include Greece, Spain, and Italy. It consists of all the nutritional elements from these countries that are rich in vitamins and minerals.
- The Mediterranean diet is the best way to replace saturated fats and oil from your diet. The food prepared in the diet does not contain excessive use of oil plus fats. So, if you are thinking to have an oil and fat-free diet then it can be the best choice.
- The diet mainly contains fruits, lean meats, and vegetables which are rich in vitamins and minerals. Instead of having full meals, you can also have it in different parts at short intervals.
- Professional dietary planners also recommend this diet. The diet also provided heath protection against diseases like strokes and diabetes. The Mediterranean diet should be incorporated into an active lifestyle for the best results.
What Does The Mediterranean Diet Consist Of?
- Vegetables like kale, tomatoes, broccoli, carrot, spinach, cucumber, onions and many more are an essential part of the diet. These vegetables are filled with a huge quantity of proteins and vitamins.
- Fruits in the diet include bananas, apples, figs, melons, and grapes. These are fruits are rich in various quantitative minerals and vitamins.
- The Mediterranean diet also includes various dry fruits with high proteins like beans, legumes, nuts, almonds, sunflowers seeds, walnuts, and cashews.
- It also contains whole grains fibers like wheat, barley, oats, buckwheat brown rice, and corn. Other essential ingredients include poultry like the oyster, chicken, salmon, duck, sardines, turkey, etc.
- It also includes high protein elements like eggs, chicken, duck eggs, red meats, quail and sweets.
The Mediterranean Diet Is Rich In Nutrients
The diet has low saturated fats and is rich in monounsaturated fat. According to the guidelines, it should not have more than 10% of saturated fat in the meal.
The diet should be rich with high fiber as it keeps the digestive system healthy and also minimizes the chances of bowel cancer and cardiovascular diseases.
Content With High Vitamin And Minerals
Foods and vegetables consist of various vitamins and minerals that help in regulating body functions and processes. All the foods have various vitamins and minerals like lean meat consist of vitamins like B-12 which is not found in any other element and plants.